6 Things to Consider While Selecting Baby Strollers
There are a number of choices that are available when it comes to choosing online baby strollers, perhaps accounting for the fact why parents are absolutely overwhelmed when they have to decide. As an example, strollers are available for walking and jogging, 4WD strollers and even lightweight strollers. You may even select from the travel system strollers and combo strollers, double strollers and single strollers. This is just a small list. The list is actually pretty much longer. Here are 6 things to consider while choosing a baby stroller online:
1. Budget: Before selecting a stroller, it is suggested that you work out a budget and adhere to it as much as possible. It is easy to be overwhelmed by the sheer array of choices available, and get diverted when you see the collections. However, a little research can help you determine how to spend your money optimally.
2. Purpose: Decide for what purpose you will primarily use your stroller for. If you are someone active, and walk or run regularly with your baby, get an all-terrain stroller which has a solid and sturdy build and handling option. You may even look into an online baby stroller that allows you to adjust and lock the wheels. These features make it perfect for all terrains. If you want a stroller that can be kept at the back of your car, you could invest in an umbrella stroller that is lighter and easy to fold and transport.
3. Travel System: These allow you to transfer your baby directly from the car to the stroller. The travel system is basically a stroller that has a compatible infant car seat clipped into it. You may even go for a universal stroller frame which helps you attach the car seat at the bottom without waking baby up.
4. Add Further Seats: If you are purchasing your first stroller and want to have more kids, look at models that can add extra seats or skateboards later. You have many options in the market and it can be a money as well as space saver.
5. Weight: The size and weight of the stroller depends on its purpose. All-terrain online baby strollers are heavier and larger than umbrella strollers. Make sure that neither parent has to struggle while pushing it around. Don’t forget to check how the stroller maneuvers when you are carrying the child along with a few shopping bags.
6. Safety: This is one of the most important features to consider. Most of these are mandatory and products maintain the federal standards, but you need to be aware of these.
The baby strollers online should have appropriate restraint to prevent your baby from falling out. Make sure they have shoulder, waist and crotch straps for safety.
Get strollers that contain the EN 1888 certification which is the revised European Standard, as of March 2012. The certification requires the absence of sharp edges, presence of a working parking brake and the folding chassis etc. while purchasing online baby strollers, watch out for these specifications.
A tether strap needs to be present for the wrist to prevent the stroller from rolling away. Some new strollers have a braking option as soon as you let go of it.
The online baby strollers need to have at least a single parking brake. Its release mechanism should not be easily accessible to the baby when they are restrained.
Keep these safety considerations in mind while purchasing baby strollers online.