Don’t make the task of choosing a car seat for your little one tougher, but then in the past few years, car seat technology has taken a massive leap. This is why you need to consider several areas while choosing a car seat for your little one:
1. Price: A lot of new parents feel that they should purchase the most expensive online baby car seat as it offers the highest level of protection. However, the truth is that a lot of car seats offer a high extent of safety so that you need not pay an exorbitant sum of money even if you cannot afford it realistically. Set yourself a stipulated budget and check the safety standards and reviews of the items that are within your price range.
2. Fixing: There are 2 ways through which you can fix the car seat in its place. These are:
Traditional Seat Belt System: It uses a 3 pt. seatbelt of the vehicle to secure the baby car seat in case there is an accident.
ISOFIT: It locks the base of the baby car seat to the anchor points that are connected to the chassis of your vehicle. A few cars even offer additional security through the top tether anchor joint. While these are more expensive, ISOFIT seats are getting more popular as these seats can be removed and secured.
3. Travel System Compatibility: If you are purchasing a seat for a newborn baby, you can consider a travel system that allows the car seat to be removed from the car and connected to the base of the pushchair. All online baby car seats are not compatible. This is why you need to research those which are suitable. Make sure to get other required accessories since a certain kind of seat might work only with one system, as opposed to another.
4. Weight of Your Child: Car seats are divided on the basis of your baby’s weight. If you are purchasing a seat for a newborn, get a Group 0+ seat, that usually lasts for up to 12 to 15 months. If you need a second seat that will last your baby longer, go for a Group 1-2-3 seat that has a higher durability. It can be suitable for children between 9 months and 12 years of age.
5. Comfort: Research well when it comes to ensuring the comfort factor of the online baby car seat, especially if you are going to make a lot of vehicle journeys with your tot. Check the features that might be of help to your child such as extra padding, multiple recline positions and headrests. You may even choose seats with inbuilt cup holders so that your tot has refreshment at hand. There are also a wide variety of colors available for you.
6. Safety: There are various kinds of car seats with various sizes and child positioning abilities. Get baby car seats online that are ECE R44/04 certified. This is the United Nations standard and can be classified into 4 groups – 0 to 3. While some seats combine the larger groups of 1-3, a few newer models include shock restraint seats.
While these are some of the things to consider, don’t forget to look into the customer reviews. This is where you get real opinions from real people who have used the baby car seats online on a regular basis. This will help you make an informed decision.