Are there better days to get pregnant? When is the best time to get pregnant during the reproductive cycle?
The best days to get pregnant will generally be the time when ovulation occurs. To better understand when is the best time to get pregnant, here are tips that are related to getting pregnant:
1. Know your most fertile time - generally, ovulation occurs about 14 days before your next menstrual period begins. That means if your menstrual cycle is a 28-day one, that could make day #14 your most fertile day (day #1 is the first day that your last period began). If yours is a 30-day cycle, day #16 could be the time to go for it. A 32-day cycle would have day #18 as one of the best days to get pregnant.
2. Track your basal body temperature - an inexpensive basal thermometer can be purchased and used to chart the slight elevations in your body temperature upon awakening each day that signal when is the best time to get pregnant. The increases in basal temperature may only be a tenth of a degree or so, but a basal thermometer can detect this kind of minor temperature change.
3. Monitor your cervical mucus - ovulation causes a change in the appearance and consistency of cervical mucus. By checking yourself each day, you'll be able to see the 'egg-white-like' vaginal discharge that indicates ovulation and which are the best days to get pregnant.
4. Obtain and read a good fertility book - learn as much as possible about fertility, getting pregnant, pregnancy and having a healthy baby.
5. Use an ovulation predictor kit - these inexpensive kits predict ovulation in advance so you definitely know when is the best time to get pregnant. This test has proven very accurate in detecting the increase in luteinizing hormone which usually occurs in women 24-48 hours before ovulation.
Making the decision to get pregnant and have a child can be an exciting experience. While this journey is often unpredictable, choices you make now can definitely affect your health and the health of your baby. The better your health as you are getting pregnant, the healthier your baby will be.